Are you exercising enough?
At Empowered Health Chiropractic, our Geelong chiropractors understand the importance of livelong exercise and physical activity for our health, yet to our surprise, over 55% of Australians do not meet the current guidelines for exercise & physical activity according to their age group or category.
In this article, our Geelong chiropractor Luka, will dive into some of the known benefits of exercise and what the current guidelines recommend for different Australians.
Regular exercise and physical activity have many benefits for your body and mind. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Improved heart health. Exercise helps to keep your heart strong and healthy by lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. This can reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, and other cardiovascular problems.
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases. Exercise can help to reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cancer, and osteoporosis.
- Weight management. Exercise can help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. It can also help to improve your body composition by increasing your muscle mass and decreasing your fat mass.
- Improved mood and mental health. Exercise can help to improve your mood and reduce stress levels. It can also be helpful for people with depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions.
- Increased energy levels. Exercise can help to give you more energy and improve your overall sense of well-being.
- Better sleep. Exercise can help you sleep better at night by making it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Stronger bones and muscles. Exercise helps to strengthen your bones and muscles, which can help to prevent injuries and improve your balance and coordination.
- Improved cognitive function. Exercise can help to improve your cognitive function, including your memory, attention, and decision-making skills.
- Longer life expectancy. People who are physically active tend to live longer than those who are not.
The benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are numerous and well-documented. Even small amounts of activity can make a big difference to your health. So get moving and start enjoying the benefits today!